Sunday, September 19, 2010

you can pick your friends but not your family

               This week has been challenging. My dad got out of surgery on Wednesday and I wish I was there for him, but instead I am stuck on campus and am useless. My family and I are very close, so college has been a real test for us. I feel very close to my dad because everything bad that has happened to him, I have been there. When I was 10 he blew out his knee terribly while we were skiing together. He has had 10 surgeries, his 10th was on Wednesday. He needed to get his hip replaced 2 years ago because of how much pain he was in from his knee. (He would limp, which tore away at the bone and ligaments) One time he fell off of our roof (a two story fall) and I was the only person home and had to take him to the hospital by myself. 

               Through this pain that my father has gone through, we feel closer to each other. This week has been tough on me, knowing that my dad is going through more surgery and pain and that I am not there. My dad is a tough man, but it is hard to not be there for him. I miss my family a lot. It has been tough going through personal issues, without having a constant person to go to. Which is helping me grow as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment