Sunday, September 12, 2010

if theres a path without obstacles, it probably doesnt exist.

Technology has been my number one challenge here at SCSU. It is a big adjustment coming from a high school that only has textbooks and restricts the use of computers. In front of me is a blank computer screen with endless opportunities to procrastinate and daze off into the screen.
Hate may be a strong word, but I hate to do work on a computer. It’s bad for your body to sit in front of the computer for hours. The computer is where I relax and have my own time to take my mind off of my homework when I need a break. I’m not used to having to post all of my assignments online rather than handwrite it. I would rather handwrite any assignment and hand it in.
Also, in high school I had an IEP (Individual Education Program) which diagnosed me with short term memory loss along with other problems with my mental state at times. I usually have problems staying on task. Although everyone has issues without having a main authority on you at all times to do your homework, I realized how much I took advantage of that to get my work done. My parents would constantly yell at me to get my work done and I am so used to them being on me to do my work that it’s a reality shock when I miss homework assignments. I am still adjusting to college life and the balancing act of social and school work, but eventually I will get it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment