Monday, September 6, 2010

Getting to know you


1) Service.
I grew up in a very religious family, so I found myself at church every weekend. Instead of complaining to my parents about how much I hated being there, I found the Youth Ministry which was much less religious and more social. Through the Youth Ministry I found myself doing a lot of community service for people who were in need. Over this past summer, I went to Kingston, Jamaica to help severely mentally and physically handicapped children who were abandoned by their family. Through this experience, I found the true meaning of love and happiness. I also realized that I took so many things for granted, for example my parent’s love for me and a clean shelter. 



2)  Athletics
I have been swimming since 4th grade and am currently swimming for SCSU. Swimming has been a major part of my life. It has made me work harder, both mentally and physically. Through the challenges of swimming, I have bonded with other swimmers, who have become my best friends and will cherish their friendship forever. 
3)  Food

  
Food is my best friend. I love food more than I love to swim. My friends usually give me their leftovers of what they can’t finish. Luckily, I can work off all the food that I take in….




4) Laughing
I absolutely LOVE to laugh. I love to see other people laugh and I love to make other people laugh. Laughing is the best medicine. Without happiness and laughing, the world would be a boring place. Life shouldn’t be taken too seriously, take a break and laugh it off. :)
Animals



No comments:

Post a Comment