Friday, November 5, 2010

talk it out

   I hate beginning class with a quiz about the readings we do. I read them, but I always forget them. When we discuss them and be graded on participation I could have an A in this class. If I talk about something that I've learned, it will stick in my brain longer than if I read it then quizzed. My brain will push out whatever is left of the little information I remember of the reading and forget it completely. It then KILLS me when later in the week we talk about readings we did from 2 weeks ago, but never discussed.
  I love class discussions. Hearing a million different points of views from the same reading is so much fun and I love hearing what other people think. I may not agree with what they say, but I like to hear other points of views.
  I also like starting class off with Lee. It's not a lot of pressure, we can relax and she eases us into getting prepared for class. I really admire her and I hope that she gets her dream job after Southern.

:)

1 comment:

  1. You should take a few notes when you read and bring them with you to class. I always allow students to look at their notes for the in-class writing. That would make it much less stressful for you because it would trigger your brain to remember what you read.

    ReplyDelete