Tuesday, October 12, 2010

LEEEEEEE!

  I believe that Lee COULD be a great help in our class. However, our class takes advantage of her kind personality and abuses the fact that we don't have a "real" teacher present. To be honest, I have had my struggles in life and to open up to a whole class of strangers about a previous drug issues is so respectable. That same day when she opened up to our class, the class was not only disrespectful, but was SO arrogant that she had opened about such a touchy subject.

  It makes me sick to my stomach to have someone disrespected that way. Now every time that she is in the class, they see it as an oprotunity to talk over her since she does not have the same authority that Jen does. This not only discourages her from wanting to be a teacher (I'm guessing) and also could make her feel more self conscious about her past issues with drugs.

  In what world is any of this okay? I feel awful for Lee and I would never want to go through what our class is putting her through. She is an amazing person! She always adds just the right comment to every discussion to either help us out or to keep us thinking. Freshman year in college is confusing and a big transition. To have someone who has already been in our shoes be in class with us is very reassuring and comforting. Sometimes we are afraid to go to a professor in order to get help, this is a stepping stool to asking a professor... She not only older than us, but she is also in some sense a "lower" authority.

  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment